This delectable chilli prawn linguine is the perfect thing to cook for date night. Simple and sophisticated, and made with a whole lot of love. Infused with the fragrance of Japanese chilli sesame oil and a punch of umami from anchovies (if you’ve never cooked with this you’re definitely missing out!). Definitely a recipe you’ll wanna add to your pasta collection 🍝
5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved lengthways (as desired)
8-10 prawns, deveined, semi-butterflied & soaked in prep solution
Prawn prep solution:
*This gives your prawns a bouncier texture and firmer bite!
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
¼ tsp sugar
Water enough to cover the shrimp
1-2 tsp Chinese chilli flakes
1-2 anchovy fillets
250g dried linguine, cooked till pre-al dente
¼ to ½ cup pasta cooking water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
Salt & pepper
Chilli sesame oil (as desired)
- Soak shrimp in prawn prep solution for 30 mins. Rinse, drain and pat dry.
- Sauté thinly-sliced garlic with olive oil in pan on low heat till fragrant.
- Toss chilli flakes in before garlic turns brown.
- Add shrimp into pan and leave to sear at least 1 minute on each side to get a nice char before flipping.
- Add a pinch of salt and crack some black pepper to season.
- Once prawn has been seared on both sides, add cherry tomatoes.
- Sauté them till they start to blister and sofen.
- Add canned anchovy fillets to pan and use your spatula to break it down till it starts to ‘melt’ away.
- In a pot, cook your linguine pasta till just before al dente.
- Add cooked linguine pasta in and some pasta cooking water.
- Spoon in 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tbsp fish sauce and toss thoroughly till a luscious sauce coats each strand of linguine.
- Add chilli sesame oil, serve and enjoy immediately! (because pasta waits for no man).
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!
Products Featured In This Post