Beef pepper rice, but better. We amped up the umami in the honey soy sauce, threw in an egg at the end, and next thing we knew, we were staring at a glistening pan, wiped clean of some delicious beef fried rice. It’s so fun when you serve it at the table! Save this one for later ✌🏻
Magic honey soy sauce:
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp dashi powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter
Cooked white rice
1 bowl cooked corn kernels
Shabu sliced beef
Cracked black pepper
1 egg (optional)
- Add unsalted butter to pan, cover cooked rice on top of that butter.
- Fan out beef around the rice, and add unsalted butter and corn on top of rice
- Heat up pan and add honey soy sauce to pan
- When the liquid starts to simmer, break up rice and start mixing them well
- Add spring onions and make space in the middle of pan
- Crack egg and saute pan evenly
- Add pepper, serve and enjoy!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!