Because someone making you steamed egg like this, is a love letter in itself ❤️ There’s the kind of watery steamed egg you get at cai fan stalls, and there’s this - almost-custard kind of smoothness and oh so jiggly. This is the epitome of simple food executed to perfection. And you can do it too. Bookmark this for the next time you’re craving the feeling of home 😌
3 eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp water
Salt or 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- Add 3 eggs with (warm) water. Use ratio of 2.1:1 volume ratio of water to egg.
- Add salt/chicken stock in, beat and mix well.
- Sieve through to clear air bubbles.
- Place egg mixture on a steam rack in a pot with water in it and turn on the fire.
- Use a pure silicone spatula to leave the lid ajar. This allows steam to escape and prevents condensation from dripping onto the eggs and ruining the perfectly smooth texture.
- Allow it to cook for 8-10 min, starting from when the water boils.
- Turn off the heat, remove spatula and close lid completely. Allow for another 10-15 mins to steam.
- Optional: mix together the light soy sauce, sesame oil and water. Pour over and enjoy!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!