We ran a poll for Christmas recipes and this was the one that go the most votes - Creamy chicken stew! A hearty pot to add to your Christmas dinner this year that is in actuality, so easy to make. We love how you basically chuck everything into the pot and leave it to simmer and that’s basically it really. Use a dutch/french oven for best results and be sure to use chopped chicken parts (with bone) instead of boneless chicken for maximum flavour. Merry Christmas GM fam and happy cooking! 🎄
3 tbsp butter
1 chicken, cut into parts
2 brown onions, cut into thick slices
2 big carrots, cut into chunks
8 baby potatoes, cut into chunks
5 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp plain flour
½ tbsp chicken stock powder
4 bay leaves
Cracked black pepper
- Coat pan with butter. Add chicken and sear till chicken turns slightly brown.
- Toss onions, carrots, baby potatoes, garlic cloves and plain flour in.
- Fry till powdery texture disappears
- Add water, full ream milk, chicken stock powder, and bay leaves in.
- Cover and simmer for 45 mins
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!
Products Featured In This Post