This garlic dashi butter rice is seriously addictive. Simple, yes. Basic, no. Think you know garlic fried rice? Wait till you try this 🤯
2 tbsp unsalted butter
10 cloves garlic, pressed
2 rice cooker cups uncooked Japanese rice (cook it then add warm rice to pan. If using leftovers, be sure to reheat in microwave till fluffy first)
½ tbsp dashi powder
½ tbsp light soy sauce
Cracked black pepper
Italian parsley, chopped
- Add olive oil, unsalted butter and garlic to pan.
- Saute on low heat so it doesn't burn
- Garlic should not be brown before adding in rice
- Add rice in, and stir fry well. Flatten rice to get charred bits of wok hei.
- Add olive oil, dashi powder and light soy sauce, continue to mix thoroughly
- Finish by adding cracked black pepper and italian parsley. Mix well, serve and enjoy!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!