The Lowdown:The garlic soy butter mushroom pasta you have to try! Minimal pantry ingredients are needed and comes together in just 15 mins. And if you haven’t tried the combination of garlic, soy sauce & butter, have you really lived? This one’s a keeper!!
400g mushrooms (button/swiss brown)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped/pressed
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tsp dashi powder (optional)
- Slice the mushrooms or tear them into smaller pieces.
- Sauté them in some olive oil till they start to soften.
- Add the chopped/pressed garlic to the pan and sauté till fragrant.
- Throw in the butter.
- Add the light soy sauce, mirin and dashi powder to the pan.
- Stir the mushrooms in the sauce together and let it simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Boil some water to cook the pasta (remember to salt it generously).
- Add spaghetti in and cook till just before al dente (we want to allow some time for the pasta to cook in the sauce later).
- Once done, add the spaghetti into the sauce and toss together to combine.
- Add in about ⅓ cup of pasta cooking water to the pan and keep tossing to let the flavours of the sauce absorb into the pasta.
- If it's too dry, simply add more pasta cooking water, a tbsp at a time.
- Keep tossing the pasta in the sauce for 3-5 mins.
- The desired consistency should be a luscious silky buttery sauce that clings to the pasta noodles.
- Once you reach this stage, dish out and enjoy immediately (because pasta waits for no man).
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!