The classic Nasi Goreng we all love at local eateries and restaurants - also known as fried rice! It's typically made with leftover cooked rice, which is stir-fried with vegetables, protein, and a variety of flavorful sauces and spices. Clearly, it’s one of those dishes that’s so comforting and it brings you down memory lane for some - one serve simply won’t be enough! In this recipe, we’d explore with kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) to give the dish its signature sweet and savory flavor.
- 4 cups cooked (or leftover) white rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat a large wok or non-stick pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, onion, and chillies. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan and scramble them until they are fully cooked. Then, add the cooked white rice to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the rice is hot and evenly coated with the egg mixture.
- Pour in the sweet soy sauce and stir to combine. Add the salt and black pepper, and stir-fry for another minute or two until everything is evenly combined and the rice is slightly crispy.
- Add the sliced green onions and chopped cilantro, and stir-fry for another minute or so until the green onions are slightly wilted.
- Serve the Nasi Goreng hot with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the top!
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and easy dinner that's packed with flavor. It's also a great way to use up leftover rice and any vegetables or protein you have on hand. Plus, the recipe uses just a few simple ingredients, so it's budget-friendly too.
If you're looking to upgrade your kitchen game and make cooking at home even more enjoyable, Good Maison has all the tools you need. From long spoons to spatula to help you saute better, Good Maison's cooking tools are designed to make cooking easy and enjoyable. So, why not invest in some new cooking tools and give this Nasi Goreng recipe a try? You won't be disappointed!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!