We love us a good one pot meal - fuss free and less dishes to clean! One pot pastas also means some serious flavour because the noodles are cooked in the stock, absorbing every ounce of goodness!
This creamy pasta uses common ingredients in your fridge like regular milk and parmesan cheese (which has a long shelf life btw) so you don't even need to run to the grocery store for a tub of cream to make it! Comforting and luscious, this one is definitely something you wanna save to your go-to pasta collection.
Notes: When making creamy pastas with milk and cheese, opt for full cream instead of skimmed so that it thickens nicely. Change up the protein and you'll instantly get a totally different dish! We love prawns, bacon and pancetta.
2 tbsp olive oil
250g (1 box) of mushrooms, sliced thickly (Swiss Browns/Portobello)
½ onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, pressed/minced
¾ cup milk
1 cup chicken stock
Fettuccine enough for two
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add some olive oil to a heated pan/casserole dish and fry the diced chicken breasts till they start to brown a little.
- Toss in the sliced mushrooms, diced onion and pressed garlic.
- Sauté till fragrant and season with salt.
- Pour in the chicken stock and milk and bring it to boil.
- Add in the fettuccine pasta into the liquid and cook till al dente, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick to the base of the pot.
- Sprinkle in the grated parmesan cheese and finish off with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tuck in immediately because pasta waits for no one!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!