This recipe is one of those "dump it all in and let it cook while you get other stuff done" recipes! You've got carbs, meat and veggies all in one pot and the best part is you can set it to cook while you go take a nice shower and voila, dinner is ready!
This Rice Cooker Cabbage and Pork Rice is simple comfort food, whipped up real quick. And sometimes there's really all you need in a long and tiring week!
Notes: This is really a base recipe for you to customize to however you like it! You could opt for chicken or salmon, and switch it up to your favourite veggies. You'd probably just have to take into consideration the type of vegetables and adjust the cooking time and water required. Cabbage for example releases water which is why this recipe opts for lesser water than the usual 1:1 rice to water ratio.
2 cups washed jasmine rice
½ round cabbage
200g sliced pork (1 cup)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 and ¾ cups water
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp shao xing wine
1 tsp corn flour
A dash of white pepper
- Slice pork into bite sized pieces and marinate with pork marinade.
- Cut cabbage into smaller pieces (about the size of ¼ of your palm).
- Prepare the rice by washing it twice and draining water.
- Turn on the rice cooker and add in the sesame oil and minced garlic, sauté till fragrant.
- Add washed rice, marinated pork, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Stir together to combine.
- Place cabbage leaves on top of rice mixture.
- Pour in water and set rice cooker to cook in ‘white rice’ mode.
- Once done, give it all a good stir.
- Best served after leaving in rice cooker ‘keep warm’ mode for 30mins.
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!
Products Featured In This Post