These are the EASIEST steamed garlic prawns with glass vermicelli noodles. Think sweet tasty shrimp bathed in the fragrance of garlic with a delectable sweet and savoury sauce and slurpy glass noodles. This is one of those fancy-looking dishes that is unbelievable easy to make. Once you try it, you’ll never need to order it at a restaurant again!
½ head of garlic, chopped (½ for the sauce and ½ for garnish)
1½ tbsp oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon glutinous rice wine (luo mi jiu)
1 teaspoon sugar
⅓ cup water
2 bundles of glass noodles (160g)
Spring onion, chopped (pale part for sauce, green part for garnish)
- Mince garlic and spring onion (green part).
- Sauté them in some olive oil.
- Add oyster sauce, light soy sauce, glutinous rice wine, sugar and water to the minced garnish and mix.
- Place glass noodles as a base and into a steaming tray.
- Butterfly the prawns and add them on top of the glass noodles.
- Pour in the mixed sauce.
- Steam for 5 minutes or till cooked through.
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!
Products Featured In This Post