These prawns pack a punch of flavour — spicy and savoury yet they won't take up much of your time to prepare and cook. If you are a seafood lover, this is an absolutely must-try dish! The sweetness of the prawns is brought out by the shao xing sauce that's stir-fried till perfection. It goes so well on rice by the way.
Have we mentioned how easy it is to make? You’ve definitely gotta try this one!
12 shrimp, deveined
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
¼ tsp sugar
Water enough to cover the shrimp
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tsp fish sauce
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp shao xing wine
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
- Place your peeled and deveined prawns in a small bowl and add in the baking soda, sugar, salt.
- Cover the prawns with just enough water and give it a good mix. Let it soak for 15 minutes then drain and rinse out.
- Heat up the oil on a pan and fry the chilli flakes to make a bright red chilli oil.
- Add in the chopped garlic and sauté till fragrant
- Spread out the prawns on the pan and leave to sear before stir frying till evenly cooked through.
- Season with soy sauce and sugar and toss together.
- Plate up and finish with some chopped spring onion.
- Enjoy with a bowl of steamed white rice.
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!
Products Featured In This Post