Suki Yaki is a Japanese dish that is beloved by many. It is made by simmering thin slices of beef, vegetables and other ingredients in a sweet and savory pot of dashi, soy sauce, and mirin. This delicious dish is sure to be a hit with your family or friends
500g beef, thinly sliced
2 carrots, julienned
1 onion, thinly sliced
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup mirin
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp sake
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the carrots and onion and cook until softened.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and sake.
- Pour the mixture over the beef and vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Add additional beef and cook till desired doneness
- Serve over steamed white rice or with noodles. Enjoy!