We show you how to make the easiest truffle mushroom soup by hacking your Campbell cream of mushroom canned soup. Luscious, decadent with the comfort of a warm hug, this soup is the perfect thing to bring to your Christmas potluck this festive season 🎄. This dish will also be the feature dish for our Cook-Along this week where we'll be making this soup together as a community! So have a go, join in on the fun, and tag us in your cooks!
300g of mushrooms (Swiss Brown, Mini Portobello), some sliced & some roughly chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 can of campbell’s mushroom soup (+ ½ can water, ½ can milk)
2 tsp truffle oil
A handful sprigs of thyme
- Slice up some of the mushrooms and roughly chop up some of them to get two different textures in your soup
- Take a pot and dry sauté the mushrooms without oil. This brings out a richer flavour than boiling it in your soup straight.
- Give the mushrooms time to sit and let all the liquid evaporate to extract out a concentrated mushroom flavour.
- Toss in the butter, onions and garlic. Sauté till garlic is fragrant and onion turns translucent.
- Add in the can of Campbell mushroom soup along with ½ can of water and ½ can of milk.
- Boil for 5 mins or till onions have softened.
- Drizzle with truffle oil to finish and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
- Enjoy with crusty bread on the side or as is!
Share your cooks with us!
Everyone cooks according to their own style and preferred taste. We'd love to see how yours turned out! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook using #goodmaison and #GMcooks so we can share the joy of cooking in our community!
Products Featured In This Post